Monday, December 29, 2008

Starting off - Mithrandir's Errand

OK, I am getting ready for the Gathering in the Desert, a independent Lord of the Rings Grand Tournament in Arizona. With only 54 days left until the event and none of my proposed armies being fully painted, I'm going to go with the easiest to paint. My preliminary list will be:

Gandalf the Grey

Captain of Minas Tirith with shield
6 Citadel Guard with spears
21 Warriors of Minas Tirith with shields
3 Warriors of Minas Tirith with shields and spears
14 Rangers of Gondor with spears

A lot of this is dictated by what models I have available, not to mention the whole problem of painting quickly. I'd prefer to have more regular warriors and fewer spears, but I just don't have the models. If I manage to get most of this done, I may add in some mounted models, particularly a captain, since I'll have the foot models already. I may also do something like take a King of Men to represent a mightier hero of Gondor.

The back story will represent Gandalf seeking to intercept a force of orcs traveling from Dol Guldur to Mordor in order to find some proof of the Necromancer being Sauron returned. We'll see how it pans out. I'll post my painting plan later today. Hopefully. *8)

No comments:

Post a Comment